Friday, July 26, 2013

Singing in the Silence

I turned off my music and tv this week.

It is my last week before school work starts again and you would think I would want veg out. Oh, but I do want to! But I am getting many things done with the opened opportunity to listen to Christ and my list of to dos.

The funny thing is that I still have a random pop song in my head, but I am also automatically singing anything I know to fill the blank time in my mind.
It makes me wish I knew more sacred music to sing. All those latin chants...

My head is not perfectly clear in adoration and I'm sure I'll still squirm on Sunday in the pew trying to find meaning, but I have to tune out somethings, sometimes.

I hope this week helps me to be holier. That is the call of Christ whether in silence or in song.