Thursday, May 30, 2013

Revving up the New Evangelization for the 21st Century

Today I had the pleasure of attending a talk by Scott Hahn.  I happened to be in town and called a friend to say hello, when she told me about the speaking engagement he had at a local church parish.

I want to say, only in Louisiana would you have a random sighting of Catholic Theologians.
If you look at Hahn's schedule, he visits many other states, but I love my Catholicity in Louisiana.
Hahn talked about aspects of his new book called Consuming the Word. It sounds like a really great read, if only I had time to get to The Lamb's Supper.

In the talk, the main thing that he spoke about was the characteristics of the new evangelization.  Hahn suggested the best way to share the gospel and the fulness of the Catholic Church is to share your personal experiences of Christ in the Church. This is always going to be the most charitable method and allows the Holy Ghost to do the hard work of moving hearts to God.

If your not into reading books, then I suggest checking out the Word on Fire youtube channel.  Father Robert Barron has a great way of explaining things.  Dr. Hahn is shown in some of the videos as well.